The Art of Nancy Gaucher-Thomas A signature member of the National Watercolor Society, Nancy Gaucher-Thomas teaches the fine art of watercolour painting in addition to on-location workshops and has served as juror of selection and awards for many organizations including the Naval War College Museum, Newport, RI and the Providence Art Club, Providence, RI. Her paintings have garnered numerous awards in juried exhibitions from across the country and hang in public and private collections in the U.S. and abroad. She is a member of the Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, Audubon Artists, Academic Artists, NorthEast Watercolor Soc., American Artist Prof. League and the National Assoc.of Women artists. Her listing of exhibitions includes numerous juried, group and invitational shows. She is listed in Who's Who in American Art; American Biographical Institute,Inc.,2000 International Directory of Distinguished Leadership Hall of Fame; Mantle Fielding's Dictionary of American Painters, Sculptors and Engravers, 2001 and is president of The Art League of Rhode Island.
- Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club 104th Annual, National Arts Club, Gramercy Park,NYC
- Academic Artists 50th National Exhibition of Contemporary Realism in Art, Springfield,MA
- Northwest Watercolor Society 60th Annual Open Juried Exhibition
- 79th Annual National Watercolor Society, Brea Cultural Center Gallery, Brea, CA
- Pennsylvania Watercolor Society 20th Annual National Juried Exh.,Lancaster Museum,PA
- 102nd Annual Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, Nat'l Arts Club, Gramercy Park, N.Y.
- Art of the NorthEast-USA,43rd Annual Juried of the Silvermine Arts Guild
- NorthEast Watercolor Society Annual, Goshen, New York
- American Artists Prof. League, National Arts Club, Gramercy Park, New York
- Salmagundi Club Annual, Salmagundi Club, New York
"My goal is to say as much as I can about my subject without saying it all so that it leaves the viewer to become an integral part of the painting. Much of my work is done in series, working in this manner allows me to explore my subject on a more personal level. Through my watercolours I hope to create a feeling of strength and solidity in design, content and paint quality. In my compositions I am more aware of the formal aspects of design. Although a feeling or emotion toward a subject may be the impetus for my paintings it is the interaction between shapes and spatial relationships that emanate energy within the two dimensional surface that are of primary concern. Much more than technique, it is how we interpret our own personal vision through our medium that elevates an ordinary subject into a work of art. I feel strongly in the versatility and flexibility of the medium and go to great lengths to push the medium in directions that may not be considered characteristic to traditional watercolor".
391 Valley Road
Middletown, RI 02842
Work Phone: 401 846-7995
Home Phone: 401 846-7995
Fax: 401 846-7995
[Home][Sign Me Up!][Organizations][Manufacturers][Artists]