Mostly self-taught, Keiko started painting professionally only in recent years. She has been accpeted into numerous regional and national juried exhibitions since 2005, including the ones held at prestigious venues such as the Watercolor West, the Transparent Watercolor Society of America, and the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies. Keiko has a passion for finding subjects at the grassroots' level. "When I walk on a street in a far-away country or in my neighborhood, I am always attracted to a tiny slice of everyday life of ordinary people. And a design idea of my painting revolves around it." It is why the figures in her painting often set the mood in it. Her work has been purchased by collectors in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Germany and Ireland.
Keiko's current portfolio includes European, Japanese and California landscapes/cityscapes. Many can be viewed and purchased at her website http://www.ktanabefineart.com/.
* San Diego Watercolor Society Juired Member Exhibit -- Best of Show (2008, 2007, 2006); Best of Miniatures (2007, 2006, 2005)
* Wyoming Watercolor Society National Exhibition -- Third Place (2007)
* Richeson 75: Landscape & Exteriors Competition -- Second Place (2007)
* Pittsburgh Watercolor Society Aqueous Exhibition -- Cheap Joe's Art Stuff Award (2007)
* Red River Watercolor Society National Exhibition -- Jack Richeson & Co., Inc. Award (2007)
* Kentucky Watercolor Society National Exhibition -- Winsor & Newton Award (2006)
* Georgia Watercolor Society National Exhibition -- Dr. Ph Martin Hydrus Fine Art Award (2006)
* Central Coast Watercolor Society Pacific Regional Exhibition -- R. Reynolds Founder's Award (2006)
* San Diego County Fair Art Show -- First Place (2007), Second Place (2006, 2005)
San Diego Watercolor Society; Watercolor West (juried member); American Watercolor Society; Wyoming Watercolor Society (signature member); Mississippi Watercolor Society; American Women Artists