Profile Juliet Thorburn is one of Jamaica's premier watercolour and nature artists. Her studies in Fort Lauderdale and Florence, Italy, led her from graphic design to illustration and watercolour. She started exhibiting in 1994, and has had seven successful solo shows; she has also exhibited at the National Gallery's annual Shows and has participated in the Artist of the Year Competition held by the Mutual Life Gallery. Juliet taught illustration at the Edna Manley College for the Visual And Performing Arts for two years. The subjects of Juliet's work are mainly landscapes and plant life. She infuses her work with an interplay of colours and natural light, making the intrinsically beautiful Jamaican environment come alive in unusual and alluring ways. Juliet presents her unique vision of nature in a soft, almost magical way, in what could be called an impressionistic style. Juliet relocated to Jamaica’s North Coast in 1998, after having lived in Kingston for most her life. There, in the hills outside of Ocho Rios, she enjoys the remarkable quality of light and space.
- Grosvenor Galleries August 1994, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Participated in: Annual National Exhibition December 1996, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Grosvenor Galleries November 1997, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Participated in: Annual National Exhibition December 1998, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Harmony Hall January 1999, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Grosvenor Galleries November 1999, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Open House Exhibition 2000, St. Ann, Jamaica W.I.
- Participated in: Mutual Life Gallery July 2001, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Red Bones Gallery September 2001, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
- Embassy of Mexico 2002, Kingston, Jamaica W.I.
Rock Cottage, P.O. Box 110 Ocho Rios St. Ann
Work Phone: 876 909 7739
Home Phone: 876 917 1751
[Home][Sign Me Up!][Organizations][Manufacturers][Artists]