A Passion for Watercolor At the simplest level, my paintings are comprised of shadows, light and reflected light. I feel that the more intensely I portray the interplay of darks and lights, the more my painting sings. A zoom lens on my camera has been the main tool in guiding me into the intricate world of flower stamens and sterling silver teapots. It really has helped me focus, so much so that now seeing the big picture has become a real challenge! Every painting is a life lesson for me and a step toward my childhood dream of becoming a "real artist". Painting with watercolor has given my life deep joy by bridging others to the beauty I have found. Through painting, I hope to involve my viewer in seeing the smallest things and admiring the subtle beauty of even a shadow.
- 1999 Midwest National Exhibition of Transparent Watercolors
- 2000 Midwest National Exhibition of Transparent Watercolors
- 2000 Red River National Art Exhibition-Grumbacher Award
- 2000 Arizona Watercolor Association National Exhibition
- 2000 Arizona National Exhibition Traveling Show
- 2001 American Watercolor Society's International Exhibition
- 2001 Red River National Art Exhibition
- 2002-to be published-SPLASH 7 book by North Light
My art can be viewed at my website: www.janefreeman.com where I also have a complete resume. Please feel free to contact me.
Dancing Loon Studio
Bemidji, Mn 56601
Work Phone: 218-243-3333
[Home][Sign Me Up!][Organizations][Manufacturers][Artists]