Cathy McAnally Lubke - Watercolorist
Watercolors-Workshops-Juror Cathy McAnally Lubke, a native of Burkett, Texas, has been an active painter since 1979, creating works of art in vivid watercolors. She has an impressionistic style inspired by her native Texas landscape and the American Southwest. She received a B.A. from Angelo State University. She enjoys painting and sharing her knowledge of watercolor through classes in her community and workshops in Texas and New Mexico. She also is a noted juror.
Memberships & Exhibitions
- Represented by Houshang's Gallery--Sante Fe, NM
- Texas Watercolor Society--Purple Sage Member
- Southwestern Watercolor Society--Signature Member
- American Watercolor Society--Associate Member
- National Watercolor Society--Associate Member
- Western Federation Watercolor Show--1997
- Madison Avenue Art Gallery National Watercolor Show--1995
- Adirondack National Exhibit of American Watercolors--1992
- Aqueous '91 Kentucky Watercolor Society
- Women Artists of the West--1990
Cathy McAnally Lubke's workshops are geared for beginners and advanced painters. Cathy emphasizes strengthening individual style with good color techniques and exciting design concepts. She begins each day with a demonstration, using sketches or photographs as references. Student painting follows in the afternoon, with lots of discussion on planning your painting, strengthening design, and value studies of color. This prior planning makes a winning painting every time. Individual help and critique complete this enriching experience.
Cathy McAnally Lubke
733 Blackwood Rd.
San Angelo, TX 76905
Work Phone: (915) 651-9080
Home Phone: (915) 651-9080
Fax: (915) 655-5857
[Home][Sign Me Up!][Organizations][Manufacturers][Artists]