Creating art for a peaceful world Audrey E. Wong was born in Jamaica, West Indies, fifteen minutes from the wondrous Caribbean Sea. The climate, environment and the warm, nurturing culture has left a lasting legacy shown in watercolours, paintngs in oils and acrylics and non-traditional media. Wong's work focuses on the health of the home planet, believing that there is only one ecology and artists being the most appreciative of the beauty of our only home are the ones who have to make its beauty visible to others.
Humans need nurturing in order to develop into caring and responsible world citizens. Protection of the young is crucial to the survival of all species. This is the most important thing that we need to learn. To take care of ourselves, our loveds and by extension the environment that supports all life as we know it. Artists make the invisible, visible. Art teaches and it nurtures.
- Ray of Light Christie's Auction at Saatchi & Saatchi
- Studio Museum in Harlem Quilt installation 2000
- Bread & Roses Gallery Drawings, Assemblages 1996
- Bronx Museum Artist in the Marketplace Show 1994
- The Bank Project - Godzilla collaborative sight and sound installation with Chase bank 1993
Audrey E Wong
901 Walton Avenue
Bronx, NY 10452
Work Phone: 718-588-6113
Home Phone: 212-926-4100
Fax: same as above
[Home][Sign Me Up!][Organizations][Manufacturers][Artists]